Teamwork is essential for leading our churches, ministries, and organizations. Sure, you can work alone but you’ll be limited in what you can accomplish. Here are 20 great quotes on teamwork.
- “Winning teams have players who put the good of the team ahead of themselves. They want to play in their area of strength, but they’re willing to do what it takes to take care of the team. They are willing to sacrifice their role for the greater goal.” ~ John Maxwell
- “The challenge of every team is to build a feeling of oneness, of dependence on one another, because the question is usually not how well each person performs, but how well they work together.” ~ Vince Lombardi
- “Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships.” ~ Michael Jordan
- “The strength of the team is each individual member. The strength of each member is the team.” ~ Phil Jackson
- “Coming together is a beginning. Keeping together is progress. Working together is success.” ~ Henry Ford
- “None of us is as smart as all of us.” ~ Ken Blanchard
- “Teamwork is the ability to work together toward a common vision. The ability to direct individual accomplishment toward organizational objectives. It is the fuel that allows common people to attain uncommon results.” ~ Andrew Carnegie
- “The way a team plays as a whole determines its success. You may have the greatest bunch of individual stars in the world, but if they don’t play together, the club won’t be worth a dime.” ~ Babe Ruth
- “The ratio of We’s to I’s is the best indicator of the development of a team.” ~ Lewis B. Ergen
- “Remember upon the conduct of each depends the fate of all.” ~ Alexander the Great
- “Remember teamwork begins by building trust. And the only way to do that is to overcome our need for invulnerability.” ~ Patrick Lencioni
- “I don’t believe in team motivation. I believe in getting a team prepared so it knows it will have the necessary confidence when it steps on a field and be prepared to play a good game.” ~ Tom Landry
- “A group becomes a team when each member is sure enough of himself and his contribution to praise the skills of the others.” ~ Norman Shidle
- “There are no problems we cannot solve together, and very few that we can solve by ourselves.” ~ Lyndon B. Johnson
- “The key elements in the art of working together are how to deal with change, how to deal with conflict, and how to reach our potential…the needs of the team are best met when we meet the needs of individual persons.” ~ Max De Pree
- “I can do what you can’t do, and you can do what I can’t do; together we can do great things.” ~ Mother Teresa
- “When you’re part of a team, you stand up for your teammates. Your loyalty is to them. You protect them through good and bad, because they’d do the same for you.” ~ Yogi Berra
- “When two are of one mind, their strength can cut gold.” ~ Chinese Proverb
- “Hard work and togetherness. They go hand in hand. You need the hard work because it’s such a tough atmosphere… to win week in and week out. You need togetherness because you don’t always win, and you gotta hang though together. ” ~ Tony Dungy
- “Interdependent people combine their own efforts with the efforts of others to achieve their greatest success.” ~ Stephen Covey
3 thoughts on “20 Quotes on Teamwork”
Glad to see a follow up to The Best Spring Sports For Kids.’ Thought for sure swmiimng would be listed in original Yahoo post. Gymnastics and tennis are others my daughter is wanting to start now that winter is over. +3Was this answer helpful?
Williams was brought up from the practice squad a year ago and appeared in six games. He was released by the Cardinals on Sept. 5 and signed to the practice squad the next day.
Searching for Super Bowl highlights next week after the big game?
What’s next? Winning a championship, of course.
Then again, the Saints and Bears are a combined 0-6, so it might not really matter who’s playing quarterback.
“I think that everything he went through last year, getting a big payday and not really playing well, he definitely took this offseason to get healthy and get into the film room, and it’s really showing in practice,” teammate and friend Tyrann Mathieu said.